Alliance for Choice has some opportunities for activists in December 2017.
As well as our weekly city centre stall, we need around 20 volunteers to help with a travelling pop-up exhibition called “My Body My Life” which will be installed in the University of Ulster’s Unique Art and Design shop in Belfast from 5th to the 10th of December.
The exhibition comprises two video booths, three clothes rails, a story board area (with stories already provided and blank swing cards for people to contribute their story); sitting area; space for project t-shirts and booklet; evaluation forms. Volunteers will be covered for meal and travel expenses and receive a My Body My Life T-shirt.
As an exhibition volunteer you have two main roles:
- The first is to help people engage in the exhibition - there will be some people who are unsure what it is they have come in to, or what the clothes mean, or what happens in the changing booths. Offer guidance and explain what there is to see and do. More on this below…
- The second is to ensure the exhibition is kept looking good – this means refilling the flyers if they run out, putting clothes back on the rails if people have taken them out, re-setting the iPads so people can watch the films etc
Draft Agenda 5th -10 Dec
- Tuesday – set up
- Wednesday – open from 10am to 6pm; evening event - project launch 7pm to 8.30pm (informal). Media and local activists will be invited.
- Thursday open from 10 am to 9.30pm – will tie in with Belfast Late Night Art programme
- Friday open from 10am to 6pm; closed event 6.30 to 8.30 – Speak out, facilitated by Alliance for Choice.
- Saturday open from 10 am to 4pm (the begin packing up).
- Sunday – final pack up
Please contact Alliance for Choice if you have any other questions on: firstname.lastname@example.org or text 07894063965